Updated March 29, 2021
Makelab 3D Print Service
- Cutoff Times
- All orders, requests, and inquiries received by 3:30 pm will be answered and responded to within the same business day. All other incoming requests, inquiries, and orders after 3:30 pm will be reviewed the following business day.
- Super Rush orders must be placed before 3:30 pm in order to be confirmed on the same business day.
- Upon reprint issued by Makelab, CAD file trade-ins are not accepted. Reprinted files must be original files, new files must be submitted as a new order.
- File trade-ins are not accepted after an order is placed unless reviewed for pricing differences and printability by a Makelab team member.
- File trade-in requests are only reviewed if a Makelab team member is notified within a 6-hour window after placing an order.
- Change requests after Order Confirmations are only accepted within a 2-hour window. Any request made beyond that window will not be accepted.
- Following a 3D CAD file creation project, the first revision of a CAD Model modeled with Makelab is complimentary, further revisions are priced accordingly, per part by Makelab.
- CAD models sent through the Auto Quoter are printed as is, with the uploaded dimensions. Makelab is not responsible for incorrect dimensions that are uploaded and sent to us through the Auto Quoter. It is the customers' responsibility to check the proper dimensions of CAD models before placing orders.
- CAD models manually quoted by Makelab must be checked by the customer before placing orders. This is done at the quote stage, where dimensions are clearly stated on the PDF and email quote.
- Once 3D CAD files are approved by the client or 3D printed by Makelab, Makelab does not offer refunds for the 3D CAD file creation process. To prevent error, projects do not progress unless explicitly approved by the client.
- Requests for refunds of 3D printed parts will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. To begin the process, please submit a ticket to Makelab. We will request that you return the affected part to us before we are able to assess a solution. Makelab will provide postage to return the part.
- Refunds are only reviewed if requested within a 10-day window. This 10-day window begins after an order is received.
- If after the Refund Review process, it is determined that a print failure was due to machine errors, post-processing, or improper packaging will be reprinted at no cost.
- Print failures due to customer CAD files or setting specified by customers will be reprinted at 50% of the cost.
- Orders lost in the mail due to shipping carriers can be reprinted at 50% of the cost.
- Walk-ins and drop-ins are not accepted. Consultations must be scheduled in advance with Makelab via email.
- Local pickups are now contactless pickups. Finished orders are left outside of the Makelab HQ door, Unit 603, inside of our building.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently not conducting in-person meetings with clients. We will provide a Zoom link with access details for consultations.
- Order cancellation requests after the Order Confirmation 2-hour window cannot be refunded.
- Order cancellation requests after the Order Confirmation within a 2-hour window can only be refunded at 50% the cost.
- Orders marked "At Risk" by Makelab are non-refundable and supports are not removed. The timeline is solely contingent on print success.
- Makelab will not print any item that contains any weapons or weapons components. “Weapons” is broadly defined as:
- Firearms, firearm component parts, or ammunition. This includes (1) any device which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; (2) any device capable of being concealed on the person from which a shot can be discharged through the energy of an explosive; (3) any component part integral to the safe firing of a projectile by means of an explosive from a device described in (1) or (2); and (4) ammunition including cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellent powder designed for use in any firearm;
- Bladed weapons. This includes knives designed to cause bodily harm and any part or component thereof. A bladed weapon includes automatic knives, knives that are undetectable by a metal detector, stilettos, switchblades, butterfly knives, throwing knives, folding knives, gravity knives, and disguised knives (for example, a sword cane).
- Explosive devices. This includes grenades, rockets, explosives, incendiary devices, missiles, land mines, and related parts or components thereof;
- Toy guns or other items with arms-like appearance. This includes paintball guns, airsoft guns, training weapons, mock guns, mock weapons, weapon replicas, and items that look like a gun or other weapon; and
- Arms-related items and/or weapon accessories. Accessories, parts, or components to any weapon if that accessory/part/component contributes to the functioning of the weapon and/or attaches to the item. For example, this includes scopes, mounts and knife handles because they are attached to a weapon, but would not include a knife case or holster because they are neither attached to nor contribute to the functioning of the weapon.
- Unless specified, Makelab will determine best print orientation. If a specific print orientation and settings are desired, client must write explicit direction in the notes/message section of the order submission.
- Unless Makelab is responsible for the 3D CAD File creation process, Makelab is not responsible for parts being able to fit together. For a guide on tolerances, please visit specific material pages, download the Design Guidelines, and follow the suggested clearance dimensions.
- For 3D CAD File Creation projects, Makelab will provide one (1) test print in PLA, at no extra cost.
- Bulk orders must complete a sample confirmation process before beginning.
- If Same-Day Delivery is chosen, Makelab's delivery partner will reach out to the receiving party upon arrival. Orders dispatched using Same-Day Delivery must be signed for.
- If Same-Day Delivery orders are unable to be delivered, Dispatch Method will default to contactless pickup. If the client would like for the order to be delivered, it will be treated as a new delivery and a separate invoice will be generated.
- Makelab does not operate during the following holidays. No orders will be printed, processed, or dispatched. Regular business operations will resume the following business day.
- New Year's Day
- International Women's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr Day
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Thanksgiving Friday
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- Makelab does not operate during weekends. Phone calls, inquiries, emails, printing, processing, and dispatching will resume the following business day.
Welcome to the terms and conditions ("Terms") for Makelab X. These Terms are between you and Makelab, Inc, and govern our respective rights and obligations. If you sign up for a Makelab X membership, you accept these terms, conditions, limitations and requirements.
- You subscribe to the Makelab X membership and in doing so, agree upon and accepts these Terms.
- The Terms prevail over the Makelab X membership to the extent of any inconsistency.
- You warrant that the Makelab X membership meets your needs at the start of the subscription and for the duration of the membership.
- You may change Makelab X memberships, add/remove add-ons at any time using the Account Portal. In doing so, you shall pay any additional service fees or changes from the start of the next billing period.
- Makelab, Inc shall provide the services to you in accordance with the Makelab X membership.
- You may cancel your Makelab X membership any time by visiting your Account Portal and adjusting your membership settings. If you cancel within 3 business days of signing up or renewal, we will refund you your full membership fee, provided that we may charge you (or withhold from your refund) the value of the Makelab X benefits used by you and your account during the 3-business day period.
- Cancellation after the 3-business day window period will be canceled at the end of the term.
Fees & Renewals
- The membership fee for Makelab X is stated in your account portal, on your email receipts, and on the Makelab X website. From time to time, we may offer different membership terms, and the fees for such membership may vary. The Makelab X membership fee is non-refundable except as expressly set forth in these Terms. Taxes may apply on the membership fee.
- If all eligible payment methods we have on file for you are declined for payment of your membership fee, you must provide us a new eligible payment method promptly or your membership will be canceled immediately. If you provide us with a new eligible payment method and are successfully charged, your new membership period will be based on the original renewal date and not the date of the successful charge.
- Unless you notify us before a subscription renewal that you want to cancel or do not want to auto-renew, you understand your prime membership will automatically continue and you authorize us (without notice to you, unless required by applicable law), to collect the then-applicable membership fee and any taxes, using any eligible payment method we have on record for you.
- We may in our discretion change these Terms, without notice to you. If any change to these terms is found invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that change is severable and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining changes or conditions. YOUR CONTINUED MEMBERSHIP AFTER WE CHANGE THESE TERMS CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY CHANGES, YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP.
Termination by Us
- We may terminate your Makelab X membership at our discretion without notice. If we do so, we will give you a prorated refund based on the number of full months remaining in your membership. However, we will not give any refund for termination related to conduct that we determine, in our discretion, violates these Terms or any applicable law, involves fraud or misuse of the Prime membership, or is harmful to our interests or another user. Our failure to insist upon or enforce your strict compliance with these Terms will not constitute a waiver of any of our rights.